Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 55, Spray Paint Street Artist

I know what you are thinking, 'How long was he in Vegas?' It was only one day, but I shot few different things. This guy used spray paint to make these cool pictures. The crowd that was gathered around were fascinated by him. I was fascinated that this was his profession. How did he come to choose to make his living with spray paint?

How do any of us come to make choices that have such impact on our lives. I think that unfortunately, many of us are just swept along, only adjusting when real need pushes us. I did not set out to do what I do now. I just kind of evolved into this. It was a great job, and I like what I do. I will never be rich, but there are times where I wonder if I had planned a little if this is what I would be doing.

It seems to me, that is the most difficult thing to do for so many of us. To know our selves well enough at an age young enough to make choices that will lead to happiness latter on as a result of those choices. What is more, young people have the least emotional intelligence possible to learn to have foresight. There are no consequences and they are invincible.

So, that is what I really try to help my kids understand, if you are not in control of your emotions, they will control you. Watching American Idol (the first episodes every year) is one time that we get to have talks about how people are. There are so many people that are not checked in to reality. They really think they could be the next American Idol, and are crushed to hear that they can't even sing.

By the way, this guy really had some talent, If he is happy, that is great. I just wonder if he could have found an equal amount of happiness in art school, or with art as a hobby and a professional. I of course have no idea what his life is like, I just find it interesting to think about how he came to be a spray paint street artist.

IMG_6400.JPG

IMG_6415.JPG

Thanks for looking,
EXIF Data

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.1 sec (1/10)
Aperture:f/5.6
Focal Length:45 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment