Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 58, Misty Mountains above Palm Springs

I have not retouched this. I thought that it was a cool and calm shot on its own. We have had some rain out here, and as I was driving on the 10 towards home, I caught this view and had to get off to try to shoot it. The only thing is it was so much more grand, but when I composed the shot, there were all of these distracting elements, power lines and trees and houses. The took away from the view that is only here in this area a few times a year.

That seems to be a constant battle that I have, distracting elements. They are real, and really a part of the vista, but when I look at them with just my eyes, I don't really see them. When I shoot them with the camera, they bug me sometimes. Sometimes I like the idea of gritty and they seem to add to that, but it is not often that I want the gritty reality in all my shots. I did not remove anything, focused in to get the shot that I wanted.

Thanks for looking,
EXIF Data

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture:f/20
Focal Length:55 mm
ISO Speed:250
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment