Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 67, The End, Pulled Groves, Corona, CA


This is becoming a common sight.  One of the beauties of where we live is that there are still a lot of Orange groves, or at least there were.  They are starting to meet this fate at a startling rate.  This is happening a lot lately.  Partly for land development, and partly for a disease that has hit some of these trees.  I will tell you, one of the smells that makes me think home is orange blossoms.  Growing up in Riverside, it is a part of my blood.  My mothers family grew oranges and lemons in the area.  I wish that I had some of the crate labels.  My daughter hears about it in elementary school as part of her history.  We live by a California State Park that celebrates the Citrus industry in the area.  

It is hard to complain too loudly, our housing track was orange groves before they plowed it under to build houses.  But the striking image of the uprooted trees, in uniform rows does something on a deeper level.  I guess it is all of those years of hearing about the great citrus industry, it is hard to see it really gone.

The End, Pulled Groves, Corona, CA

The End, Pulled Groves, Corona, CA

The End, Pulled Groves, Corona, CA

Thanks for Looking.
EXIF Data,
Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:f/5.6
Focal Length:55 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

1 comment: