Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 82, Business Signs, El Paseo Drive, Palm Desert, CA

I like this shot. I wish that I had done it a little differently. The bright numbers in the shadow caught my eye, but I wish that I had lined it up to get the reflection fully in all the numbers.  I am starting to build some ideas of shots that will become standards for me.  I think that looking for the reflections in shadows could produce some interesting shots in the future.   Initially, I was just shooting what caught my eye on El Paseo.  I had thought that the signs offered something visually.  But when I got home, this one made me wish I had been paying better attention.  

Signs in general have held some interest for me.  The idea of public displays for the express purpose of calling attention to your business or organization seems to invite examination. How do you get a message and what message do you want to portray?  All wrapped up in a logo or design style.  In the end it was not the sign that I liked best, but the light in a shadow.  That alone for the photo only interested me, but I will shoot more signs just because that seems interesting.

Out Takes:

Business Signs, El Paseo Drive, Palm Desert, CA

Planters, El Paseo Drive, Palm Desert, CA

Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture:f/10
Focal Length:125 mm
ISO Speed:320
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV


No comments:

Post a Comment