Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 106, Bikes From The 2008 Tour of California


IMG_7737.jpg, originally uploaded by solostandfound.

Here are some shots from Sunday in the AM. It is really cool that you can tour the "pit" area before the start and interact maybe with some of the riders. Here are the bikes from Astana (Trek), CSC (Cerevelo), Rock Racing (De Rosa) and the Mavic support vehicle. It is a thing of beauty to see these machines. I have been in love with bikes ever since my parents gave me my first one, a little red Schwinn with a banana seat. That bike got passed down through all of my siblings (there were 6 of us) and my parents still have it. I want to restore it and I do know someone who does that.

My daughters are growing up with a similar love of Bicycles. They see me obsess about my Cannondale Synapse and they are riding Electras. I have a red Electra 3 and my wife has a pink Electra 3 that we ride with them. I just picked up a white 16" Electra for my youngest. It has red roses on it and she will go nuts when she gets it for her birthday.

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg


Thanks for looking.

EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture:f/5
Focal Length:50 mm
ISO Speed:800
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment