Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 98, Lamp, Court House, Riverside County, CA


Another shot around the court house.  I love this building.  Not because I love the law.  The whole Jury thing is not making me wish I had gone to Law School.  Rather, I really appreciate the fore thought, planning, and later restoration efforts that went into this building.  

It is unfortunate that this is not the case with so many other buildings that have been or are in being built today.  The utilitarian budget minded and strip malls of the past 40 or 50 years are going to be here for so long.  The problem is that they don't add to the landscape.  

I have really enjoyed the projects that have gone up over the past few years around here. Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga, or Dos Lagos just down the road from us in Corona. They were build with a different aesthetic.  I am looking forward to when the Fox Theater is finished.  A sense of history seems to have a centering effect.  It gives context and depth to a place.  It can't give you a sense of place or context alone, but it can help.  Putting down roots is different then context, but it seems that the two concepts go hand in hand.  

Thanks for looking and putting up with my musings.
EXIF Data,
Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture:f/5.6
Focal Length:18 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment