Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 85, Mt Rubidoux Shinning Through A Break in the Clouds

One of the big landmarks in Riverside is the cross on top of Mount Rubidoux. You can see it from a fair distance though out the downtown and Rubidoux areas. Amazingly enough, the ACLU has not sued us to take it down. It has been cold and raining in Southern California, not a common thing, for the last month. The hills are green and the area looks less like the desert that it was built out of. As I was coming out of Jury Duty on a lunch break, there was a break in the overcast clouds and the cross could be seen clearly from the courthouse. I got some lunch and found a place to eat. As I was sitting there, I thought, I really need to go and shoot Mt Rubidoux. Then, brilliant that I am, I thought, I guess I could shoot it now.

So here you have one of what will be at least a few over the next little while.  Also, one out take.  I went with the first because of the blue sky, the second however stands well on its own, the cross is bigger and the dark brooding quality of the clouds are interesting.

Mount Rubidoux Shinning Through A Break in the Clouds


Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture:f/16
Focal Length:105 mm
ISO Speed:125
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

1 comment: