Thursday, October 16, 2008

Picnic Table, Wiley Well Campground, CA

I have a big territory now for work. I sometimes have to drive to Blythe and then on to Needles. It is about 4 hours to Needles from where I live in Riverside. I call on a prison just before you get to Blythe, and there is a dirt road that goes past the prison out into the desert.

I have read that some of the best geode collections sites are out that way. So as I got off the freeway, it was threatening to rain. I thought that I could frame up a cool picture of the clouds in the desert, and I found this campground. I don't know what it is that I find so appealing, but there was a sense of the 50's here. It was empty, it almost felt like one of the abandoned buildings that I can not seem to resist photographing. It felt like I had stepped backward a little bit in time and these are the images that I took there.

Tree, Wiley Well Campground, CA

Picnic Tables, Wiley Well Campground, CA

Horseshoes Pit, Wiley Well Campground, CA

Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data:

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture:f/3.5
Focal Length:21 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment