Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 12, Benches at Dos Lagos

I wanted to shoot these cool benches for some time now, but I just finally got around to hitting them. Isn't it amazing that you just can not seem to get to what is close to you, but when you are in New York, you can shoot 2 gigs.

I love the curves and lines that combine with the bamboo backdrop by the lake to make a serene place. The sense of quiet seclusion is only enabled by the fact that the walkway that crosses the spillover between the lakes is lower then the shopping and because of the curve of the path, completely sheilded. The place of a bench, when done well, should invite you to sit and stay. Many times, I see benches that are no good for anything more then tying a shoe. They are in the middle of the bustle and flow of a mall or on a street that is as inviting to sit and pass a few moments as a root canal.

I love to find a place to hide every now and then. As a sales rep, I am on the go all of the time. Some days, when I don't have a business lunch, my favorite thing to do is to go hide for a little bit and think about the world in a bigger way. I have had some of my best ideas for both work and life just learning to let my mind wonder in a place that isn't dominated by messages that overwhelm. I turn off the radio, the phone, get away from the internet and people as much as possible. Then it just happens.

Here is a pic that I wish I took.


Curves, originally uploaded by Durian Surprise.

______________________________________________

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/32
Focal Length: 75 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment