Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 1, Ovation Guitar


Day One Ovation Guitar, originally uploaded by solostandfound.

I hope that this attempt to shoot everyday won't get too hard. Today I thought that I would just knock out this pic I had been thinking of for one of my guitars. This was the second try Today. I did not like how the first try came out.

When I went back and shot this again tonight, I really tried to cut the glare and control the background. Where as before, I just pushed the aperture and figured on the blur being enough. Since I thought to go Black and White, it seemed that a darker background was the answer. I think that it came out rather well. My wife's dark blue table cloth is on the couch and I started turning off lights everywhere to knock down the glare. I used a tripod, were as this afternoon I tried to just do it quickly handheld.

The guitar is an Ovation Celebrity CS 257. I love the curves and lines on this beautiful instrument. It has a great tone and since I don't play well, it is nice that it has the tuner built into it. I can give you the intro to Folsom Prison Blues, but not much more.

I will have to be gone to a meeting for work Wed through Friday, so I will post what I shoot on those days when I get back.
_____________________________________________________

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.2 sec (1/5)
Aperture:f/5.6
Focal Length:47 mm
ISO Speed:800
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cool black and white. Trying to think of some of the stock photography websites out their you could sell your work at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this is a great photo! Some day I'm going to get a nice camera. I love macro shots!

    ReplyDelete