Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 13, Duck


Day 13, Duck, originally uploaded by solostandfound.

This duck was not happy with me. He was asleep on the edge of the spill over between the two lake at Dos Lagos. As I was there to shoot the benches that I posted yesterday, I notice this guy asleep with his head tucked into his wing. He did not make for a great shot, so I started talking to him. He turned around and looked at me then he quacked back. (See Below) So then I tossed a pebble that was by my feet into the water close to him. He thought it was food and got all excited as he moved over to investigate. When he did not find something to eat I thought he was goint to fly away. I was hoping that he would fly away so that I could get that as a shot. But he streached out (this picture), tucked his head back into his wing and went back to sleep. I tossed another pebble and another, but he was done and would not budge. Amazing, even the animals around us are a little jaded.

Duck

Duck

___________________________________________


Camera:
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:
1/4000 sec
Aperture:
f/5
Focal Length:
210 mm
ISO Speed:
800
Exposure Bias:
0/3 EV

2 comments:

  1. What lens are you using for these duck shots? They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    I am using my 75 to 300 mm lens and the shot was at 210 mm. EXIF data sure makes breaking down what I did a lot easier. I was only about 8 to 10 feet from the duck, so that helped it work so well. Thanks so much looking and commenting.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete