Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 6, Gull, Lake Gregory


IMG_4478.JPG, originally uploaded by solostandfound.

On my way home from the corporate planning meetings in Lake Arrowhead, I had the chance to stop and see a place where my wife and I lived for a year, Crestline. Tucked in the San Bernardino Mountains, Crestline was for us a cozy little community. We had our first daughter here. Our congregation at church was wonderful. We still miss the quiet slower pace of mountain life. You saw your neighbors at the post office (rural delivery means everyone picks up their mail at the post office) and local market. The local fishing derby was to raise funds for the 4th of July Fireworks show that was the pride of the mountain communities.

While I was feeling the nostalgia of the visit, I noticed this gull, floating above the lake and looking down on the life there. I felt a little like him. I was just passing through and looking in on life here. I didn't look anyone up, I just floated by. He let me get this shot and then flew off. I figured I needed to do the same and get home to see a much missed family. I told my wife about the visit, the chance to just float by and see that it was all still there.

______________________________________

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 170 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment