Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 15, Tree and Rocks, Lower Narrows in Zion's National Park

OK, I did not shoot this today, or even yesterday. But I did shoot this during this month. I decided that I wanted to do a blog like this when I was at Zion National Park. I hiked the lower narrows and found this one little tree, all by itself on the narrows floor, with a black stone cliff that rose about 250 feet strait up in the air. I shot this in color and then converted to Black and White. The leaves were perfect for the switch since they were yellow and would make a stark contrast with the stone.

As I stared at this lonely tree, I thought, "I might be the only one that will ever take this picture. This could be my unique and different shot in a very well photographed place." Everyone photographs the big well known stone faces, but this little tree may not even be here next year if the rains leave enough water for it to wash away.

Then I thought, "I can not wait to put this on Flickr." But, it did not become the great shot that I thought that it was. When I posted it to some groups, there was a few nice comments, but it did not sweep the site and become the number one viewed picture. But I am quite pleased with it. I don't think that this picture has been done before. It is possible that there are some similar ideas, but this was mine alone.

This picture of this little tree alone against a big cliff started me to thinking how many more pictures could I take if I tried to shoot every day. And from that flowed a few ideas about what I would like to shoot. Doors, Trees, Benches, Cars, and eventually, portraits. I am not very good at portraits, but I will work on them. I always wanted to shoot some pics of the 3 guitars that I have. I have been seeing a lot of pictures that I want to take of Riverside, it really is a great place to live. My kids are really cute, and I meet some great people for my job. I would like to photograph them. So I started a blog. I am curious to see where this goes.

I have posted the tree in color as well.

Tree and Rocks, Lower Narrows in Zion's National Park__________________________________________________________________________

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture:f/4
Focal Length:18 mm
ISO Speed:800
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment