Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 127, M H Wittier Co. Date Gardens, Old Water Tower, Indio, CA

Well, I have been playing in Aperture, Apples' competitive answer to Adobe Lightroom. It is a midlevel if you will image editing platform. While it does not have the same volume of tools for manipulation that you would find in Photoshop, it also does not have the price tag that Adobe wants for the Photoshop. If you see the Creative Suite 3 (CS3) package that they bundle with Photoshop it is a wonderful toolbox, that is not only out of my price league, it is out of my ability league. My brother uses these tools to make a good living, I just want to make beautiful images and shoot some weddings and portraits.

Aperture and Lightroom are platforms that allow users to make adjustments in a more sophisticated and less blunt tool sort of way then iPhoto or Photoshop Elements. They also allow more tools for comparison editing, metadata and image organization. I am learning them and have chosen some images to learn on. As you have seen I have gone through some of my older images and restarted the editing process.

This image is new, but I took it with the idea of a sepia filter. The water tower sits above the Coachella Valley Museum in Indio. It is housed in the adobe house of the first doctor to live in Indio, Dr Smiley. They are gathering up some of the areas local history, a one room school house, a submarine (the predisesor to a swamp cooler) farm tools, and soon a date tree exibit. More on this later.

By the way, check out the hawk on top of the tower.  I wish I had enough glass to get a close up of him.

Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:1/4000 sec
Aperture:f/9
Focal Length:125 mm
ISO Speed:800
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment