Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 132, Mission Inn, Riverside, CA, Rotunda Stairway, Night Time

This is an image that I have wanted to take for a while. After dinner at Marios with some of my clients, I walked through the Mission Inn and had a chance to just walk through with little to no people around. The last few times that I have been by with time to walk for a little bit, there have been a lot of people around. This time I was mostly on my own. The only thing that has ever been said to me about photography there was no tripods. This is then all handheld. I did lean against posts, walls and whatever to steady the long exposure time. This rotunda is really cool, but it does not seem that I have enough wide angle to get all that I want of it. I will try again some time, with a tripod and see if I can't get wider then the 18 mm that I have now.

Did I mention that I am really digging Aperture 2.0?  These shots are a great example of why.  The controls are great.  Since different types of artificial light have different color casts to them, it can be hard to get the shot that you want at night.  Our eye does not always note the difference.  But florescent is a little green and incandescent can be very yellow.  These were very yellow and I could reduce the saturation of the yellow and green (some bulbs have been changed to the compact florescent and so there is a mix) and increase the reds and magentas to get a more true to my eye pic.  In iPhoto all I can do is increase or decrease the saturation.  I also have control over the white balance and can move the black point to save blown highlights and rescue shadow.  

Mission Inn, Riverside, CA, Rotunda Stairway, Night Time


Hope you can live through a few days of Mission Inn posts.

Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.25 sec (1/4)
Aperture:f/3.5
Focal Length:18 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment