Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 141, Bridal Picture


Day 141, Bridal Picture, originally uploaded by solostandfound.

So this is a little out of order, but Mormon Weddings are a little different then some others. Mormons get married in the place that is most sacred to them, the Temple. There are no pictures in the Temple, it is too sacred to allow for that, so there are pictures outside of the Temple and at the reception. This couple decided to have their wedding on Friday and then their reception on Saturday. So most Brides get a shot like this before the ceremony, this one is after the ceremony, as she was getting ready for the reception.  

Bridal Picture

A quick word of praise for the Gary Fong Light Orb, It worked magnificently, especially indoors as these nearly unretouched images show.  I probably should have read the instructions better, but I thought that I had it down after the promo videos on the web site.  I set the white balance to Tungsten, and in the outdoor settings from the first day, anything I shot in the shade had a huge blue cast.  Thank goodness my margin of error is fairly good when I shoot in RAW.  I could just push the temp on the slider in Aperture.


Thanks for looking,
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:f/2.8
Focal Length:50 mm
ISO Speed:200
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment