Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 183, Stairs, East Building, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC


Stairs, East Building, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC

I had a chance to sneak over to the National Gallery of Art, but just time for one. I went with the East Building. As I was there, I was overcome with some ideas for taking pictures. I want to choose some of the great masterworks, and make them into photos. I don't know which ones yet, but the same paintings as photos with my family and friends in them. It is a little boring, but would be very technically challenging. In fact, the lighting could be daunting. 


A few that become instantly obvious artists to start with would be Georgia Okeefe and some of Picaso. But the one that is most daunting and my favorite, Rene Magrite. His surreal stuff could be great if I could figure out how to make it work.

Oh, todays pic is also cool in my humble opinion. The first out take works as well, the oposite directions of the people and all.  I went with the first one because I liked how he was looking heaven ward, it seemed to give the picture a nice feeling.  I almost went with the one of the man in the art, but I will save that for some of the Magrite works I want to shoot. The art is actually three different peices, Circle I, II, and III by David Smith.

Man in Art, Circle I II and III by David Smith, East Building, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC

I am off to buy a bowler.

Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture:f/5
Focal Length:33 mm
ISO Speed:200
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment