Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 188, Benjamin Franklin, Statue at the Old Post Office, Washington


Benjamin Franklin, Statue at the Old Post Office, Washington DC, by Jacques Jouvenal

I faced down that dilema again, color or black and white? Of course I went pansey and did both. This is the sculpture of Benjamin Franklin in front of the Old Post Office in Washington DC. There is an argument here for both. I caught it at a great time of day since the Post Office was lit up nicely and gave the statue a nice contrast. But the Black and White does the same and forces you to focus a little more.


What do you think? Color? or Black and White?

Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:1/3200 sec
Aperture:f/1.4
Focal Length:50 mm
ISO Speed:200
Exposure Bias:0 EV

2 comments:

  1. I actually like it better in color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color, too. I think the contrast between the warm light on the building and the blue of the sky adds a lot of depth. The black and white version is flat by comparison.

    ReplyDelete