Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 186, Horse Drawn Wagon, Arlington National Cemetery

I promise, the last shot from my visit to Arlington National. Have you ever witnessed a funeral here with all the ceremony. I came here to get some pictures and see for myself what it was like here. I came upon a funeral for someone who was of some rank in the Air Force. I was so overcome by the respect that I put my camera away. The playing of Taps, the 21 gun salute, the moment of silence. It all was amazing.

As I came out of it when it ended, I walked away a bit and then I shot some pics of the horse drawn carrage and the honor guard as it left. I wanted to take more shots. I think that as I watched the 21 gun salute that it would have made such a dramatic shot. The bugeler playing taps over the flag draped coffin. Instead I bowed my head and said a prayer.

I was so lucky to witness this.

Horse Drawn Wagon, Arlington National Cemetery

Honor Guard, Arlington National Cemetery


Thanks for looking.
EXIF Data,

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:1/2500 sec
Aperture:f/1.4
Focal Length:50 mm
ISO Speed:200
Exposure Bias:0 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment