Monday, December 3, 2007

Day 22, Riverside City Hall Clock Tower

I am from Riverside. Not in the I live there now sense, but I am from Riverside. Although I was born in Long Beach, we moved here when I was in Elementary School, Pedley Elementary. I attended all the way through UC Riverside. My job moved me away for a little bit, but in the end, I settled back down with my family in Riverside.

We love living here. It is not the biggest or smallest place to live on earth. It is filled with friends and family. We live in a great neighborhood and our kids go to a great school. When I was in high school, I attended a mock City Council here at Riverside City Hall. I remember being here and thinking about how they came to choose this style and how did it fit with the City.

I realize that the clock tower is not going to wow the world with its majesty and old world craftsmanship. But at the right time, in the right light, it belongs and is beautiful for here. It fits. It is not the biggest or grandest, and it is not the smallest or worst. It is what was built here, with what we had then. It reflects the kind of place this is, right on for all that right things, and not to much of the things that we don't need.

I plan to shoot a lot more of Riverside over the next few weeks.

Thanks for looking, as always, below is the shot that I did not choose to run with as well as the EXIF data for the lead image.

Riverside City Hall Clock tower

______________________________________________

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:8 sec (8)
Aperture:f/13
Focal Length:18 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment