Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 47, An Angel Out Our Window


An Angel Out Our Window, originally uploaded by solostandfound.

As you may have noticed in a previous post, this is the year that my youngest got it about Christmas. So this year, was the year that I did a better job with the lights. It seems that we are so busy that we cannot keep up with just life anymore. So this year I decided to push back. I put up this angel and a star. It meant building a platform and securing it to the house.

It also meant that looking out of the second story window, in the loft, you could see the Angel right out the window. It was really pretty neat to see. As I was turning off the lights and heading for bed, I noticed how really beautiful the angel was looking out at our street. She just glowed and trumpeted to our neighbors that we were celebrating Christmas. That we kept the religious theme to what is becoming a secular holiday. We do Santa, but Santa is not the central theme.

I then thought about how important it is to allow what we believe have a place. We have done this, but today I did not feel embarrassed or concerned about what others would think; rather, I felt pleased with my life and our home life.

Thanks for looking.

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:10 sec (10)
Aperture:f/20
Focal Length:21 mm
ISO Speed:200
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment