Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 34, Fall Leaves in California

One of the great things about Southern California is the weather. So many folks out there just don't get it. Yes we have congested freeways, and our economy swings the U.S. In fact, on its own, the economy out here makes up the 8th largest in the world. 


It has always amazed me how big and diverse California actually is. When you leave the L.A. area and head north on the 5, you see the agricultural backbone that we have. It is amazing all of the crops that grow here. Where I live in Riverside, Citrus was the crop that made the area. Our housing track was Orange Groves just 10 years ago. I drive through groves everyday. They smell great. Orange blossoms are one of my favorite smells. 


Here it is, December 15th and I went for a ride on my Electra Townie with my kids and cut my grass. The temperature was 68 degrees and the day was beautiful. One of the parks by us had some trees just finally losing their leaves and the colors were great. I have always loved looking from the inside out of these trees. The backlight gives the leaves a great color. Salt Lake got up to 28 degrees and talking to my friend on the phone he said that there was about 9 inches of snow on the ground.

Southern California has great weather, and I love the year round activities here, hope you like the pictures.

As always, thanks for looking and the out takes and EXIF data are below.

Fall Leaves in California

Fall Leaves in California

___________________________________________

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture:f/8
Focal Length:54 mm
ISO Speed:800
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment