Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 23, Christmas Lights, Down Town, Riverside

Every Year the downtown area of Riverside gets a Christmas shot due to and around the Mission Inn.  It is one of my favorite places here in Riverside. In fact, I asked my wife to marry me at a fountain just inside the Mission Inn. There is a restaurant there now, so it is not so quiet and removed as it was. I had a dinner meeting to attend across the street, so I brought my camera to start taking pictures around the area.   I will be post for the next few days some of the shots from there.

One of my favorite restaurants is in the Mission Inn, Duane's.  The steaks there have rivaled anything I have had at any other major steak house in the country, and I have been to a few.  They have this great painting of Roosevelt and the Rough Riders in Cuba.  By great, I mean huge.  It is a captivating piece as well.  In fact, the art in the Mission Inn is really great.  More on that on later posts.

I could not take the picture that I really wanted to take, there was a big event at the Mission Inn and I could not get access to the area that I wanted to shoot, so I worked a little around the outside. The sun was down, but the sky still had a great effect to it and the California Christmas Trees were lit up.

Thanks for looking, as always, below are the shots that I did not choose to run with as well as the EXIF data for the lead image.

A few notes on the shots that I did not choose for the image of the day.  I like the window shopper shot since these are all longer shots and he was still. The arched walkway is cool to stroll through, but tough to shoot since there are about four restaurants here and the service entrance to the Mission Inn. People moving through a long exposure can come out really cool. However when there is so little light, like this walkway, the exposure gets so long that you can not tell that they are people walking through the shot. Hence I shot it without people.

Christmas Lights, Down Town Riverside

Christmas Lights, Down Town, Riverside

Christmas Lights, Mission Inn, Riverside

_____________________________________________

Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure:4 sec (4)
Aperture:f/9
Focal Length:18 mm
ISO Speed:800
Exposure Bias:0/3 EV

No comments:

Post a Comment